Thursday, February 7, 2008

Zurich

So today we made our way on the SBB train to Zurich at 1148am to be exact. The plan was to stay in Zurich till past 7 so that we could get back to St Gallen for free. Saw many more Asians there...



Bingkai's theory is that usually people who cook for a living are not highly educated therefore they can't really spell properly...








This photo looks like as though I was holding onto Bing Kai's arm...but look again...I'm not hehe...


This is proof of JR's photo taking prowess because of his long arm...


I really like this photo!


This was some park where there were many many seagulls. If you have food, they become quite aggressive and swarm to you. Just like when the lady below was feeding them...





Ok so now I have to share the story about Yoko & Billy. See at first, I was just minding my own business until JR started playing with some random dog (see below). So I decided to be nice and help him take a photo. Then the owner tells us that the dog's name is Yoko (after Yoko Ono).


Later, she suggests that JR carry Yoko...so he does...

The owner further suggests that I sit on the bench and call 'Yoko' and 'Billy'. (Billy is the white dog named after Billy Holiday!) So after calling their names, both jump on the bench on either side of me and obediently wait until I've got a photo taken! How lovely! Canines over here in general are really well behaved which is why they are allowed to go into shopping centers and hop onto public transport with their owners. We had quite a surprise that day when we were in Migros buying groceries and this big dog suddenly crossed our paths..haha! They don't bark in a crazed manner like how many dogs in Singapore do...


So this year, Mac, Bing Kai & JR are my 'family' so we had our dinner at this restaurant selling Singaporean food. We think its run by Hongkongers.

The three of them shared 2 plates of sweet and sour pork with rice + a plate of fried wantons.

I didn't feel like sharing, so I ordered dim sum..there was only 4 small pieces! I also ordered a vegetable soup with glass noodles. The bowl was so small it was almost negligible- hence there isn't a photo. Hmmm not very satisfying. Although my 'cuisine' mode on my camera makes the food look pretty tantalizing...truth be told...it really cannot compare to all our moms' cooking at home. Not that we expect to eat chinese food of high standard over here...its just a comment. I THINK I can cook better. I think. Not very sure.

Ok, now everybody please pay attention. THIS is what my family had for dinner in Singapore. I could almost taste the food just by looking. Mushrooms with xiao bai cai and scallops (instead of black moss this year), steamed prawns & sharks fin soup!

Fried tempura (lady's fingers, fish & aubergine) & steamed chicken; look at the bowl of chilli! that must be for me..!!!

Mummy I miss your food! Its not really fun eating what I cook...not that its bad or anything...its just that somehow its hard to eat whatever you spent a few hours labouring over in the kitchen for some reason...

Alright, I shall post the photos for the previous few days soon. For now, here's wishing my family, friends and all those born in the year of the rat especially a very good year ahead! (Its imperative for 'rats' to have a good year since I'm hanging out with 3 here! haha)..ok bye!

2 comments:

adelwiss said...

hey dear! im so glad tt u r havin lotsa fun! if im visitin switz u must bring me ard k ;) take care n HAPPY CNY!!

Anonymous said...

heyyy! u decided to use your free time to set up a blog? haha. happilyyyyy. enjoy EVERY moment esp before u start school PLUS let me make u jealous, its CNY here which means loads of goodies like pineapple tarts which cannot be compared to what u are COOKING THERE! AHAHHA