Monday, February 18, 2008

Snowboarding @ Lenzerheide

Returned home at about 6 plus in the evening..it was a great day! Everybody at home ie BK, Mac and I are like half limping/rolling around the house like retirees/lumps of rice because our bodies are all whacked up....100x how we felt after the toboggan thing at Mount Pilatus. Plus its getting really cold in St Gallen....;(
This is the city/town of Chur. We went to Lenzerheide which is in Chur, a popular place for snowboarding. Maccann's buddy- Ben, fetched us at about 830am in the morning and drove us there....about a 1.25h journey by car...


BK and I were seriously squashed at the backseat because Ben's snowboard took up almost 1/2 of the space. I sat between BK and the snowboard the trip there- unknown to everyone else I was actually thinking of a few things...for one, I was actually preparing my speech to Ben to pull up because I really needed to get out of the car to stretch my leg...and thoughts about Ben having to switch his direction and send me to the hospital because I had deep vein thrombosis or something...yup you get the picture...on the return trip I refused to sit in the middle...BUT I am not complaining ok, it was really really nice of Mac's buddy to bring us snowboarding today and I am really grateful for the lift there and for his help. If you had been there to see all that he did...

Ben is the coolest guy I have ever met in my life so far...all 1.93m of him...
1. He is really handsome and tall
2. He is very very amiable, helpful and sincere
3. He is a pro at snowboarding
4. He can drive up to 140kph with 6 gears....(actually everyone here can and does la...)
I can't really explain how cool he is, you have to meet him to understand why I say he's so cool. Unfortunately for me...he's only 20 years old, I am barely above his shoulder and I don't think I share half of his passion for snowboarding...HAHA. Crap I hope he doesn't read this, he's going to think I'm a psycho Asian girl.
Maccann: Shit, Ben is so handsome. He is like the man I always wanted to be...he's so damn nice and he has everything- brains, physique...
(Not everyday that you hear a confession like this from a Singaporea* guy....good things must share! [Quoting Carol here])

Well ok, actually most of the Swiss people we have met here are really nice...but Ben is still the best so far...haha

Ben's car and me. Totally acting like it's mine...

Its amazing. Children here as young as 3 years old or even younger can ski SO WELL. Some of them can only say "Da Da" but they CAN ski.

Us looking energetic at the beginning...


Clockwise from top left:

1. Me, I think this is the spot where BK and I both reckoned was where beginners just cannot make it anymore. You're just stuck there. Once you stand up your snowboard just moves such that you either crash into the 'elevator' on the right or into this sitting area where friendly families with young children hang out on the left. So what do you do then? Just sit and wait for Ben to come and drag you back to the center of course...(that's #1 of the 54724894318467364 things that Ben had to do...)

2. See, this is the area where friendly families with young children sit on the left and BK has just crashed into it. Look harder, see the person kneeling next to BK? Yup thats Ben...(that's #2 of the 54724894318467364 things that Ben had to do...)

3. Still #2 of the 54724894318467364 things that Ben had to do...

4. Mac and Ben...#3 of the 54724894318467364 things that Ben had to do...Mac actually 'chased' this lady down the slope...not on purpose of course. He found himself tailgating this lady so he said 'ENTSCHULDIGUNG!' (which means sorry/excuse me) a few times and the lady moved out of his path...but somehow he kept following her path and had to sacrifice himself and fall to save her day...haha

I was taking the photos since my olympus was the last soldier standing...heh..therefore there are no photos of me grabbing onto Ben for support just like Mac above and falling over like BK above..but trust me...it happened a lot! We felt quite bad for Ben really...but its ok because Ben is strong and mighty and cool...Took some videos as well but to protect our reputations they have not been uploaded...


You know I find this photo above really really funny. At first glance it looks really nice with the brown backdrop and a sprinkling of snow on them. (Reminds me of the icing sugar on Mummy's chocolate cake). In addition, the people captured add a lot of colour to the picture. Then you start to notice this mound with 2 holes- terrible! Its like some monster emerging from the ground to eat the children around...

Ok so school starts proper tomorrow at 815am till evening. Gotta go!

2 comments:

M said...

Eh he is my buddy, go get yourself your own 1.93m-and-handsome-and-amiable-and-driver-and-nice-guy-and-swiss buddy!

ili said...

eh u talk so much abt the cute guy.. but all his fotos are half covered by the goggles! share the love! all the cute spanish boys are shorter than me here! :)

p/s didnt know swiss wud make mac happy n gayy!