Saturday, February 23, 2008

Other news

What made yesterday's trip to Basel even better is below:
On our way back to the railway station to catch the train back to St. Gallen, we chanced upon Ah Chau Trading AG- its the biggest Asian grocery shop we have seen so far in Switzerland. They sold frozen DIM SUM, a wide variety of instant noodles, kuehs, you tiao, hum jing bang and sweet chilli sauce! Yahoo! We bought a BIG bottle of thai sweet chilli sauce and the guys bought a whole semester's worth of instant noodles...

We also stopped by a C&A outlet in Basel (Its a retail outlet that has sales perpetually). On the left you can see Maccann glowing with utmost happiness (He looks like he has reached the accounting heaven). That's because he managed to buy 2 pairs of cargo pants at @ 9 CHF each. By the way it was HIS suggestion to take a photo of the 18 CHF shown on the cash register, not mine...the things i'm willing to do for my friends...sigh

I have to explain a little about this. When we first arrived, BK had been in Europe for 2 weeks already and had lost weight. So BK managed to get a pair of jeans at 9 CHF from C&A since the size he wears is not common among Europeans. (Read: His size used to be common among Europeans but not anymore) So coming back to Maccann, the main point I'm driving at is that we were all really happy that he lost weight until he said....

"Luyi just continue to cook the way you cook and I will be slim when I get back to Singapore...!!! YAY!"

......what the hell.....luckily BK was smart enough to keep quiet (not sure if he was there) if not I would have burnt those pants man!!!

Maccann was kidding of course haha. DID YOU SEE what i cooked for dinner on 21 feb? The roasted chicken was great! I mean I have days when I'm off-form but most of the time it turns out pretty good...i think?! Haha...

Anyway this is how my room looks like after the clean up that day- pushed my desk nearer to the window to be nearer to the power socket and i moved my clothes rack as well! Even better news- I managed to find suitable flowers!

P.s. I just realised that we have an English channel at home- CNN! Good stuff...

1 comment:

Jianshan said...

Looks and sounds like you are having fun in Switzerland. I'm sure your cooking skills will improve as time goes by. Take care.....

PS. Sounds like you were infatuated with Big Ben heh heh