Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Not that different

It just occurred to me that I have yet to post anything about the University of St. Gallen- I shall do that soon when I have collected enough good shots! Here are some photos:

(Clockwise from top left):

1. The entrance to the school bookshop (Its in a different house outside the school)

2. Inside the bookshop

3 & 4: The canteen (also known as the Mensa)

I had a good day at school today. Had a project meeting after the morning class- our professor for this module made it mandatory for every group to have one asian so we were all split up last week. I was quite worried at first because I couldnt really remember the faces and names of my group members (they all look...the same...unless they have some distinctive feature), but that was put to rest when everybody huddled in their groups and it was easier to spot the only group with no asian....yea thats gotta be me...

My group turned out to be really nice! Within 5 minutes and much fast german later, our group had split into 2: each to tackle 1 project out of the 2 we were supposed to hand up. This is such a typical SMU thing to do...think of marketing 101...right? (Ok i shouldn't have pulled that memory out because thinking of MY marketing project makes me cringe)

My sub-group is made up of a Swiss guy (Philip) and a Colombian girl (Laura)! Cultural and language differences aside, students will always be students and the things we joke about...are really predictable. Heh. Had some fun laughing about Philip with Laura: No es guapo! Es muy tonto!

What are the chances of opening a handbag and finding a packet of shredded cheese, a packet of cheese slices, a packet of rice vermicelli (mee fen) among a file and pencil case? Simply had to take a photo of these in my handbag. Actually this happens quite often because we tend to forget to bring our shopping bags out. The last time i think i had 4 sausages in my bag.
I found the 'Heidi' brand of yoghurt really cute...I didn't know she was from Switzerland! Last but not least- Chestnut yoghurt! Its a winter special apparently. I'm going to wake up my idea and stop thinking about wanton mee. Dairy products here are great! (Mummy I know what you are thinking haha) In fact, I should embrace everything here while I can!

For the next few months- My family, My country, My friends.

But before I wake up my idea, I have to show you this really tasty thing i made on Saturday- noodles (mi fen) with chicken-sausages-potatoes-carrots-onions-tomatoes-corn soup. It was the first time I felt I had a satifying meal here!

My housemates have been very good...Mac cleaned the oven (YESSSS my prayers have been answered- no more smoke!) and washed the toilet; Bingkai has been very busy planning our trips and coordinating with many people scattered over Europe...What have i done?

Providing moral support and cooking. Okay fine...i destroyed Bingkai's chicken wings and the remaining half packet of frozen fries because I refused to submerge them in oil...By the way, do oranges turn red when they are bad? Today when i first poked the knife into an orange, red juice flowed out...okay..not good...but after consulting the guys we decided that food should not be wasted and I ate 1/3 of the semi red-fleshed orange...it smelt ok. I hope my 2 loyal warriors each ate 1/3 too...

1 comment:

carol said...

hahaha your entries are always so funny.. you just made me laugh out loud in class la! haha

anyway yes i can totally identify with forgetting to bring shopping bags out. i've brought home 2 whole chickens in my bagpack before haha. goodthing they give the transparent plastic bags for wet stuff for free... heh...